The Urban Universities for HEALTH Steering Committee met annually during the active grant period and was responsible for overall governance and executive decision making.
- Jennifer Alvidrez, Health Scientist Administrator for the Division of Extramural Activities and Scientific Programs, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Jennifer Danek, Senior Director, Urban Universities for HEALTH
- Betty M. Drees, Dean of the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Medicine
- Kevin Grumbach, Chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Eve Higginbotham, Vice Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Roderick Nairn, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, University of Colorado-Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
- Michael Sayre, Health Scientist Administrator, Division of Research Infrastructure, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH)